Google has just unveiled that it is officially launching the Chrome-to-Phone Extension. The announcement was made just recently in a press conference held in San Francisco.
The Google Chrome to Phone extension is Google’s newest project which is powered by the Android Cloud to Device Messaging service and simply allows its users to send links as well as other information from a Chrome Desktop Browser to an Android device.
Basically, the Chrome to Phone extension comes with the following great features:
- Google Map links which quickly loads the very popular Google Map Application that helps you find directions
- YouTube links that quickly launch the YouTube application to view your favorite videos
- Has the ability to select phone numbers in Web pages and launches the dialer with number
- Selected text populates the Android clipboard
The Chrome to Phone is already available on the Chrome Extension Gallery as well as the Android Market. In able to get the latest bug fixes and features mentioned above, you simply need to uninstall the pre-release version and install the official launched version from the Chrome Extension Gallery or from the Android Market.
To install the Chrome to Phone extension, simply follow these easy steps:
- First of all, you need to simply download and install Chrome to Phone Android application in your phone. The application requires a mobile phone running Android 2.2 or much later version
- Then install the chrome to phone extension. This extension will add up a button to the Chrome application and will allow you to seamlessly push some links, maps and currently selected text and phone numbers to your Android device.
- Once the application is downloaded, it will walk you through the set up process.
- Using a regular Google account, the app will connect to the Chrome Extension account. At this point you will be asked to provide your preferred handling of the link. You may choose between (1) having the links open automatically or (2) receive a notification that the link has been received.
- Once installed you may already start sending links and text snippets by simply highlighting a piece of text from a Web page and hitting the extension’s icon located near the browser’s location bar.
Basically the installation of the Chrome to Phone extensions requires two installation processes and a Google account. And once installed you’re surely have an effortless tool for quick sending of links as well as text snippets.
As of present this Android application is available in English language in countries such as the US, Australia, Canada, Great Britain, Ireland, New Zealand as well as South Africa. It is expected to be available in more countries in the coming weeks.
You might also like
Story by pinoytutorial