With Apple’s release of its latest iOS4 for its iPhone and iPod Touch mobile devices, it only took the very infamous iPhone Dev team less than two days to come out with the Pwnage Tools 4.0 (updated to V 4.01). This is the newest version of the hacking application that will be capable of effectively jailbreaking Apple’s mobile devices which runs the latest iOS. The hackers also came with an unlocking tool the day iOS4 was released. However, Pwnage Tool 4.01 only support certain models of iPhone and iPod touch models as of present such as iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G and iPod touch 2G. The Dev Team still needs to figure out the other new generation mobile devices.
The Pwnage Tools 4.01 aims to create custom iOS 4 firmware packages. Pwnage is said to only work with previously jailbroken 3GS devices with the old bootrom. It will be able to unlock all basebands released since April 26, 2008. Through this you will have full control of your mobile device. But one must be very careful and willing to take the risk accompanied in carrying out this task.
According to the Dev Team’s blog one must try the Pwnage Tools 4.01 for those who have problems with iBooks after redsnow beta. The Pwnage Tools 4.01 can jailbreak the iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G and iPod touch 2G in a variety of ways like the jailbreak of its bootrom and current device state. The team provided full details in these scenarios in its blog site.
The Dev Team warned those mobile users relying on their tools for hacktivation to prevent themselves from upgrading their device because there are certain scenarios or instances to be considered before making an upgrade. The upgrade must be done in such a way that matches its current device state.
Are you ready for the risk? Want to jailbreak your phone? Here is how:
1. Download Pwnage Tool 4.01 and the .ipsw firmware file to your desktop. Make sure to back up your iPhone using iTunes.
2. Click Ok. Now click on the Expert mode button on top and select your iPhone 3GS device. Click on the giant blue arrow to continue.
3. Pwnage tool will start looking for the original iOS 4 file, once it finds the correct iOs4 firmware select it and confirm.
4. Now configure some options. Once you’ve done setting up double click on Build and save the custom file on your desktop
5. Pwnage will ask if your iPhone has been jailbroken and will try to put it in DFU mode
6. Alt –click on Restore in iTunes and select the custom firmware previously saved in your desktop. iTunes will now start the restore process that will take around 5 to 10 minutes.
Jailbreaking your phone to experience third-party applications have advantages and disadvantages. However, if you believed that Pwnage 4.01 will help you gain full control over your phone, the decision is yours to make. Someone posted a video demonstrating how to do the hack using redsnow. Check out the clip below. Again, proceed with caution
You might also like
Story by pinoytutorial