Do you have a PS3? If you do, then this might be good news for you. Just recently, a USB modchip called PS Jailbreak which is specifically intended for the PS3 has emerged. This USB modchip will definitely allow unauthorized software as well as backups to run on your PS3. The PS Jailbreak is simply a plug and play solution that can be installed in just a few seconds and since it is a USB, it keeps your warranty seal intact.
The PS Jailbreak is very easy to install and its GUI will guide you step by step. The said USB modchip is also compatible on any firmware version and allows the PS3 to run games as if it’s a debug console. Apparently, the PS Jailbreak can dump games on the internal and any external drive connected to the PS3 off the original discs.
In order to jailbreak your PS3 you need the following (1) Any FAT or SLIM PS3 Console running the firmware 3.41 above, (2) a PS Jailbreak Modchip, (3)an external USB drive formatted to “FAT 32” that contains the file “Backup Manager”,(4)Original disc of any PS 3 game which you intend to back-up.
To jailbreak your PS3 simply follow these simple steps:
1. Power off your console and ensure that there is no disc in its Blu Ray drive.
2. Insert the USB modchip to any USB port on the console. Then turn on the console and immediately press the “eject” button. At this point you must be able to see two LEDs turned- on as the USB loads.
note: Green light –means the PS Jailbreak has been successfully loaded
Red light –means that the PS Jailbreak was not loaded successfully
3. Once the console is finished booting up, plug-in the external USB storage device which has the “Backup Manager” setup to the console’s USB port.
4. Then navigate the “Game Menu” and select the option “Install Package Files” then select the “manager.pkg” file in order to basically install the “Backup Manager” application
5. Scroll all the way down to the “Game Menu” and run the “Back up Manager” application
6. Insert the game you want to back up in the console’s optical drive, then press “O”. Then choose where you want the backup to be located, whether on the internal HDD or an external storage connected via USB.
7. To play a game via the backup you’ve created, insert any original game disc in your console, run “Backup Manager” then press X to play.
8. Now you will be taken back to the Games Menu. Now you can play the game without having the disc in the console drive. Check out the demo clip below!
Some say that Sony may be able to block this through firmware updates but apparently the PS Jailbreak can also block this updates. The PS Jailbreak is rumored to be offered at a price of $169.99 and will be released very soon.