Nearly two years ago T-Mobile launched the G1, which is the first Android-based phone that was ever launched in the market. The G1 has become a hit as it changes the concept of existing mobile phones. And for quite some time there were some ongoing rumors that T-Mobile is coming up with its successor that will be called the T-Mobile G2.
Finally, T-mobile put an end to these rumors and speculations as it unveiled its new G2 QWERTY Slider phone. This new smartphone will be the first to run at 4G speeds with T-Mobile’s first HSPA+ network which will provide users the fastest access to websites and applications. The G2 as expected will run with an Android 2.2 OS and powered by Qualcomm’s MSM7230 Snapdragon silicon with an 800MHz CPU and a second generation application processor as well.
Aside from these great features the T-Mobile G2 also includes the following specs:
- Sports a 3.7- inch display screen
- 4 GB of internal memory
- Comes pre-installed with 8GB microSD card which is expandable up to 32GB
- Comes with a physical QWERTY slider keyboard with Swype Technology
- Built-in 3.5 mm headphone jack, stereo headset and Bluetooth support
- 5 megapixel camera with auto-focus and LED flash and is also capable of 720 HD video capture
- Comes with customizable homescreen panels with a dedicated hot key for instant access to a variety of Google applications
- Web browsing via Adobe’s Flash Player
- 1300 mAh battery
- Has a dimension of 4.7×2.4×0.6 inches
In addition to these impressive specs, the G2 also comes with additional features such as the new Voice Action which will enable its users to control the device using his own voice. It also comes with the Google Voice service which will allow its users to set-up a Google Voice account straight from your device’s home screen and at the same time a user may also use his own smartphone number as his Google Voice number.
The new T-Mobile G2 will be available later this month although pricing details is still unknown yet. But rumored prices were around $ 199 with a contract and $ 499 without a contract. Pre-orders will also start this month.
The T-Mobile G2 seems to offer a wide range of applications, impressive features and great specs all-in-one great handset. If this smartphone will be able to deliver what it has promised, then surely it will follow the success of the T-Mobile G1.
You might also like
Story by pinoytutorial